While you might not have heard of it, YouTube comedy channel Smosh is now the most subscribed to on the site.
Smosh reportedly has over 6.8 million subscribers and more than two billion views throughout the lifetime of the channel.
The announcement of the success of Smosh came via a press release from Alloy Digital after YouTube subscriber analytics company VidStatsX released its latest set of metrics.
According to the numbers, Smosh has over 6.8 million subscribers and more than two billion views throughout the lifetime of the channel.
Smoosh is the name of comedy duo Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla, who first became "internet-famous" in 2005 when a video (since removed) of them lip-synching to the English theme song for "Pokémon" went viral.
Since then the duo has uploaded many more comedy videos of a similar nature and in July 2011 the channel was purchased by Alloy Digital.
The second most subscribed to channel, only slightly behind Smosh, is RayWilliamJohnson, which offers an irreverent look at some of the top viral videos.
Third place goes to comedy channel nigahiga, fourth to another comedy channel, JennaMarbles, and fifth goes to gaming channel Machinima.
Check out Smosh: http://www.youtube.com/user/smosh
Latest stories in this category:
- US panel rejects Motorola bid to block Xbox imports
- Amazon expands Kindle tablet sale to 170 countries
- Cannes buzz: Psy not really Psy
- Yahoo! buys startup specializing in online games
- Google team captures Galapagos Island beauty for maps
- Solar plane sets distance record
- Samsung Galaxy S4 sales top 10m
- US 'should act' on China intellectual property theft