More than one in three Thais over 10-years-old have social media accounts, with 18 million on Facebook alone, according to the tracking site ZocialRank.com.
The lead slide in a massive new infographic tracking Thais online shows internet usage by teens and adults is past 50 per cent.
A new infographic slide show from the site says 25 million Thais now use the internet, of whom 18 million have accounts at one or more of the social media sites.
Slides from the infographic produced by the online monitoring site Zocialinc provide interesting statistics on the Thai online community.
Spurred by the spread of mobile phones with fast internet access, membership of the Instagram photo site grew 163 per cent in the past year, ZocialInc said.
Facebook, however, dominates. While growth in the past year slowed to 28 per cent, in sheer numbers it has no immediate rival, with 18 million users registered from Thailand.
Instagram, while growing fast, has 600,000 users registered from Thailand.
ZocialRank compiled statistics on the major social media - Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Foursquare, and Line.
Latest stories in this category:
- Google Glass eyewear lets winking snap pictures
- Top sports tweets of 2013
- Facebook adds video ads
- Internet chieftains press Obama over NSA spy swoops
- Microsoft expects to name new chief early in 2014
- Mandela tops 2013 Google searches
- IBM sees five tech-powered changes in next five years
- Obama to meet tech chiefs on surveillance