Steven Soderbergh's 'Behind The Candelabra' featured at Cannes on Tuesday, May 21, causing a buzz across the social networks.
The film, which stars Matt Damon and Michel Douglas, follows the relationship between American pianist and entertainer Liberace and his younger lover Scott Thorson.
The film has been causing a stir on Twitter where it has been receiving nearly unanimous positive reviews. Nigel M. Smith (@nigelmfs), managing editor at Indiewire tweeted "Expected to laugh during Behind the Candelabra. Didn't expect to be so moved. #cannes2013"; and freelance film critic Guy Lodge (@GuyLodge) wrote "Alternately riotous and raw, Soderbergh's BEHIND THE CANDELABRA is the best film in Competition so far. Here's why." followed by a link to his review on hitfix.com; while Sasha Charnin Morrison (@SashaCharninMorrison) US Weekly's fashion director tweeted "Best. Movie. Ever. Behind the Candelabra-Liberace BEYOND. I loved Liberace or Lee then/now. Michael Douglas/Matt Damon make it their own."
Check out the trailer for "Behind The Candelabra" on YouTube at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqAC1yiIROw
Latest stories in this category:
- Zuckerberg sells as Facebook offers new shares
- Bitcoin crashes after China bank measures
- Google Glass eyewear lets winking snap pictures
- Top sports tweets of 2013
- Facebook adds video ads
- Internet chieftains press Obama over NSA spy swoops
- Microsoft expects to name new chief early in 2014
- Mandela tops 2013 Google searches