How do you make desirable, well-designed notebooks and ultrabooks even more appealing? Well, if you're Sony, take a very limited number of each and hand-paint them red.
Sony VAIO Red Edition notebooks and ultrabooks In all, five computers in the VAIO mobile computing range will receive this special, hand-polished red finish.
The red editions of selected notebook and ultrabook computers across the VAIO range have each undergone what Sony describes as a painstaking process in order to find the perfect combination of pigments (to create an exact red hue) and the optimum way of applying the finish so that the color adheres to the computers' aluminum and carbon fibre cases.
In order to make the color ‘pop,' Sony claims that it had to apply layer after layer of color and hand polish and buff each coating.
The red editions, which will be available later this month from Sony Stores and direct from the Sony website across Europe, include the VAIO Duo 13, VAIO Pro 11, VAIO Pro 13, VAIO Fit 14, and VAIO Fit 15.
Thus far, Sony has only confirmed pricing for two of the five models, the VAIO Fit 15 and the VAIO Pro 11 Red editions -- which will start at €1100 ($1500) and €1550 ($2060) respectively. When asked about how many examples will be produced, the company said that the computers will be available in "extremely limited quantities."
Latest stories in this category:
- BlackBerry loss widens, unveils tie-up with Foxconn
- News Corp buys 'social news' agency Storyful
- Italian lawmakers back 'Google tax' in 2014 budget
- EU says latest Google anti-trust remedies 'not acceptable'
- Panasonic to sell stakes in chip plants to Israel's Tower
- Taiwan's ASE ordered to shut factory for polluting river
- Hacking fears outweigh privacy concerns, US survey finds
- Google sees jump in government 'takedown' requests