Apple on Tuesday invited members of the media to a September 12 event in San Francisco for what is expected to be the debut of a new-generation iPhone.
Email invitations bore the cryptic message, "It's almost here," and a large number "12" casting a shadow that appeared to be the number five, suggesting that the event would spotlight the long-anticipated iPhone 5.
Leaks and rumors portray the new iPhone as having a larger touch-screen than its predecessor and that it will be available by the end of the month.
Latest stories in this category:
- Apple 'losing innovation magic'
- Google adds latest Bluetooth support to Android
- Facebook and Twitter jump on Google glasses
- Google Play's game services are for both Android and iOS
- Apple has 50 billion app downloads
- Only 1 in 10 Americans would be willing to wear Google Glass
- As online video thrives, TV companies push back
- Google Drive triples free storage