The gold medal winners from the 2012 USA Men's Basketball Team and their 1992 "Dream Team" counterparts will be included in October sports game NBA 2K13, in response to a request from executive producer and music mogul Jay-Z.
"Letting fans go head to head with these legendary USA teams was extremely important to Jay-Z" said 2K Sports VP Jason Argent.
"The fantasy matchup between the legendary 1992 'Dream Team' and the 2012 USA Men's national team has become one of the greatest sports debates of our time," explained Jay-Z, who made his money in hip hop before branching out into clothing (Rocawear) and becoming part-owner of NBA side Brooklyn Nets.
So, rather than come down in favor of one or the other, the plan is to let fans discover which team of champions can be considered best.
That means modern day sportsmen like Kobe Bryant, Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Durant, James Harden, LeBron James and Kevin Love will be matched up, again and again, against 11 Hall of Famers including Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Clyde Drexler, Patrick Ewing, Karl Malone, Chris Mullin, David Robinson and Charles Barkley -- albeit in digital form.
Latest stories in this category:
- Top iPad apps: 'Fast & Furious 6: The Game'
- 'Kill Mittal' game capitalises on French workers' struggle
- New Xbox is 'entertainment hub'
- New Xbox One unveiled as home entertainment hub
- How to watch the Xbox Reveal event on May 21
- Relaxnews app selection: eat where chefs eat, keep up with Cannes
- 'Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag' trailer states Captain Kenway's aims
- Electronic Arts opens 'Star Wars' studio in LA