Swimming against the tide of console-to-handheld conversions is PlayStation Vita game Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational, which is to release for Japanese PlayStation 3s come November 22, 2012.
'Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational' on Vita ©All rights reserved - Clap Hanz / SCE
No announcements for North American or European regions just yet, but with the bulk of localization work already done for February's Vita release, it would't be too much to expect a PS3 equivalent to make it overseas.
The Japanese PS3 release will include the Vita version's two extra characters and two supplementary courses, which were released as optional downloads in July.
Additionally, PS3 owners will be able to play with Vita owners via Sony's Cross Play system, and can use the motion-sensing PlayStation Move controller if they wish, according to information gathered by Japanese game news site Andriasang.
The popular golf game was a November 2011 launch title for the PlayStation Vita in Japan as Minna no Golf 6, and then in North America and European regions as Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational and Everybody's Golf come February 2012.
Subsequent online updates issued via the North American and European PlayStation Network were also subject to a two-to-three month delay in comparison to their Japanese forerunners.
Latest stories in this category:
- Relaxnews app selection: eat where chefs eat, keep up with Cannes
- 'Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag' trailer states Captain Kenway's aims
- Electronic Arts opens 'Star Wars' studio in LA
- Twitch TV launches on Xbox 360
- 'Anno Online' opens doors to city-building public
- 'Gran Turismo 6' announced ... for PlayStation 3?
- Rideable Pokémon, Paris streets in 'X & Y' trailer
- Top iPhone apps: Dumb Ways To Die, Hardest Game Ever 2