The Walking Dead's well-received video game adventure, which features both stars from the series and new characters alike, is to draw to a close by the end of the year, with the fourth of five episodes due October, the fifth not long after that, and a complete collection from December 4.
The October target has been announced for the PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions, with details on the iPhone and iPad equivalents to follow, and the December bundle made for the 360 and PS3, indicating that November might well mark the last episode's arrival.
The game, developed by adventure specialist Telltale, is issued in an episodic format -- though players on PS3 and iOS benefit from a discount upon purchasing a season pass.
While the episodic format has been used in other games, such as Sonic the Hedgehog 4, role-playing game Drakerider, and the bright detective mystery Blue Toad Murder Files, it's become something of a hallmark for Telltale, who adopted the same approach for Tales of Monkey Island, Jurassic Park, and Back to the Future, among others.
Official website: telltalegames.com/walkingdead
Latest stories in this category:
- Game on
- Top games on sale for all-new PlayStation 4
- Gamers queue for 'Call of Duty' latest
- 'Call of Duty' videogame sales top $1 bn in first day
- Novel-based game is numero uno
- Sony aims at gamers with new PlayStation 4 console
- Gamers snap up first deliveries of PS4 game console
- PS4 sales surpass 1m units in a day