David Fincher, director of Se7en, Fight Club and The Social Network, is named as executive producer for the Halo 4 launch trailer while Scott Pilgrim visual effects lead Tim Miller directs.
A still from the 'Halo 4' launch trailer 'Scanned' ©All rights reserved - Microsoft Studios
They worked together on Fincher's 2009 interpretation of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.
The two-minute launch trailer for Halo 4 is called "Scanned," airing during US chat show Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on October 18, and via the Halo Waypoint and Xbox YouTube channels thereafter, ahead of the game's November 6 release.
In attaching themselves to a video game trailer, Fincher and Miller join a selection of names from the wider entertainment industry who have done the same.
Michael Bay was credited with a trailer for Need For Speed: The Run, Linkin Park's Joe Hahn directed one for Medal of Honor, and Ridley Scott's production company Little Minx was contracted for a live action short for Ghost Recon: Future Soldier.
Halo Waypoint: halo.xbox.com
Xbox on Youtube: youtube.com/xbox
Latest stories in this category:
- How to watch the Xbox Reveal event on May 21
- Relaxnews app selection: eat where chefs eat, keep up with Cannes
- 'Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag' trailer states Captain Kenway's aims
- Electronic Arts opens 'Star Wars' studio in LA
- Twitch TV launches on Xbox 360
- 'Anno Online' opens doors to city-building public
- 'Gran Turismo 6' announced ... for PlayStation 3?
- Rideable Pokémon, Paris streets in 'X & Y' trailer