Inserting viewers into a global hunt for lethal high explosives, the Medal of Honor Warfighter launch trailer details a single player campaign that prides itself on authenticity.
Bosnia, the Philippines and Somalia are named as locations (2010's Medal of Honor took place in Afghanistan), while two main characters deal with family loyalties and the dangers of deployment to some of the world's most dangerous hotspots.
The campaign mode vignette follows a previous multiplayer launch trailer and emerges on the day of Medal of Honor Warfighter's North American launch, with European regions privy from October 25 (October 26 in the UK).
At the same time, LA-based developer Danger Close is pushing out an extremely comprehensive downloadable patch for launch day, making a raft of significant updates across the board, while game reviewers have gone without traditional advanced copies pending that online fix.
Among the more prominent shooter titles jostling for position coming up to this year's holiday season, Medal of Honor: Warfighter preceeds Halo 4 (November 6), Call of Duty: Black Ops II (November 13) and Far Cry 3 (December 4); June's surprising Spec Ops: The Line was highly critical of modern trends in the portrayal of war.
Medal of Honor Warfighter | Single Player Launch Gameplay: youtu.be/jICLY4-3CmM
Official website: medalofhonor.com
Latest stories in this category:
- Top iPad apps: 'Fast & Furious 6: The Game'
- 'Kill Mittal' game capitalises on French workers' struggle
- New Xbox is 'entertainment hub'
- New Xbox One unveiled as home entertainment hub
- How to watch the Xbox Reveal event on May 21
- Relaxnews app selection: eat where chefs eat, keep up with Cannes
- 'Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag' trailer states Captain Kenway's aims
- Electronic Arts opens 'Star Wars' studio in LA