Peter Molyneux's revisitation of video game classic Populous has taken the form of Godus, a Kickstarter project with not long to go to reach its funding goal.
Close-up concept art for 'Godus' shows two tribes in conflict. ©All rights reserved - 22cans
With the fundraising period to end on December 21, by December 18 Godus stood at £370,000 (about $601,000) raised of a £450,000 (about $731,500) target that will drive development of the iOS, Android, Windows and Mac game.
Players take on the role of a god, starting off with a modest two followers each, but with the correct cues -- as gods mold landscapes into shape -- the populace grows, favelas expand, and opposing tribes may end up getting a little too close for comfort.
With regular video, art, and development updates popping up on Godus's Kickstarter page, it's the hope of staff at 22cans studio that the right sort of fan engagement can help push Godus past its fundraising target.
Kickstarter project page for Godus: kickstarter.com/projects/22cans/project-godus
Latest stories in this category:
- Top games on sale for all-new PlayStation 4
- Gamers queue for 'Call of Duty' latest
- 'Call of Duty' videogame sales top $1 bn in first day
- Novel-based game is numero uno
- Sony aims at gamers with new PlayStation 4 console
- Gamers snap up first deliveries of PS4 game console
- PS4 sales surpass 1m units in a day
- Gaming Gets Serious