Pokémon's on the agenda for Nintendo's next video missive, due on January 8 at 6am EST, 11am UK, noon CET, and 8pm Japanese time.
Pokémon is one of Nintendo's best-known franchises. ©All rights reserved
As yet, neither the Wii U nor Nintendo 3DS have received a full-blown, traditional Pokémon game.
The portable 3DS was able to benefit from the "Pokédex 3D" and "Pokémon Dream Radar" app downloads, but much of its Pokémon catalog comes via backward compatibility with standard DS games, including the 2012 releases of "Pokémon Black 2" & "White 2."
Previous episodes of Nintendo Direct, presented by regional presidents Satoru Iwata, Reggie Fils-Aime and Satoru Shibata, have tended to focus on a range of talking points.
While "Brain Age: Concentration Training," "Dragon Quest X" and "Animal Crossing: New Leaf" were subject to game-specific webcasts in Japan, so far only "New Super Mario Bros. 2" has received the same treatment worldwide.
Nintendo Direct via Nintendo America: nintendo.com/nintendo-direct
Pokémon Direct via Nintendo UK: nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-638747.html
Pokémon Direct via Nintendo Japan: nintendo.co.jp/pokemon/direct20130108/index.html
Latest stories in this category:
- New Xbox is 'entertainment hub'
- New Xbox One unveiled as home entertainment hub
- How to watch the Xbox Reveal event on May 21
- Relaxnews app selection: eat where chefs eat, keep up with Cannes
- 'Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag' trailer states Captain Kenway's aims
- Electronic Arts opens 'Star Wars' studio in LA
- Twitch TV launches on Xbox 360
- 'Anno Online' opens doors to city-building public