PC, Xbox 360 and browser game favorite "Escape Goat" is coming back, and with a new art style to boot.
A teaser image for "Escape Goat 2"
2011 original "Escape Goat" put Ian Stocker's MagicalTimeBean microstudio on the map, thanks to an exquisite soundtrack and charming single-screen puzzles, and PC and then browser-based versions followed last year.
Now the imprisoned goat and his helpful mouse friend are due a return, with Stocker telling Indie Statik that this time he'll be joined by graphic designer Randy O'Conner of award-winning iOS, Android, PC, Linux and Mac game "Waking Mars."
And as a result, where "Escape Goat" adopted a steadfastly retro presentation, its successor will be "strikingly different," said Stocker, with an early screenshot showing softer contours, greater depth and improved lighting.
Working with "a stack of ideas," a load of potential new mouse powers, and the possibility of a reworked level creation system, Stocker indicated that "Escape Goat 2" is targeting the PC and "other platforms" -- but not necessarily the Xbox 360's Indie Game channel.
That leaves room for speculation that the mightiest of knock-kneed goats might be leaping onto mobile and tablet platforms, or perhaps even a new generation of consoles, should conditions prove favorable.
Try out "Escape Goat 1" at playescapegoat.com
Latest stories in this category:
- New Xbox One unveiled as home entertainment hub
- How to watch the Xbox Reveal event on May 21
- Relaxnews app selection: eat where chefs eat, keep up with Cannes
- 'Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag' trailer states Captain Kenway's aims
- Electronic Arts opens 'Star Wars' studio in LA
- Twitch TV launches on Xbox 360
- 'Anno Online' opens doors to city-building public
- 'Gran Turismo 6' announced ... for PlayStation 3?