There are almost as many Aliens games as there are eggs in a Xenomorph Queen's lair, and the latest multiplayer trailer for new entrant "Aliens: Colonial Marines" is here to prove that it's up with the best of them.
Play as Xenomorph or human in "Aliens: Colonial Marines"
As part of the game's multiplayer component, teams of hardy and well-equipped marines can face off against scuttling, wall-crawling, acid-spitting, chest-busting Alien foes.
Each side has a variety of tools at their disposal -- flamethrowers, shotguns, and the legendary M56 Smart Gun, plus a neat and necessary sideline in teammate revival for the marines; smoke screens, kamikaze maneuvers, and access to a giant class of alien for the Xenomorph band.
By giving players the chance to pick sides, "Aliens: Colonial Marines" can benefit from association with some of the better tie-ins -- "Aliens versus Predator" in 1999 and its 2001 sequel -- while fans will be hoping that development house Gearbox will be putting its stamp on something as well received as "Borderlands 2" rather than "Duke Nukem Forever."
"Aliens: Colonial Marines Tactical Multiplayer Trailer" - youtu.be/NUjbIaymHPE
Latest stories in this category:
- Free 'Torchlight' starts GOG download sale
- 'XCOM,' 'The Cave' continue iOS colonization
- Tablet integration for 'The Division' explained by UbiBlog
- Nintendo releases four new social 'StreetPass' games
- Mario creator Miyamoto introduces new 'Pikmin 3' features
- PC download charts: 'Kerbal Space Program'
- 'Pokémon X & Y' trailer introduces new trainer Viola
- Microsoft opening mini-shops in Best Buy stores