Encased within the first teaser trailer for motor racing game "GRID 2" is around seven seconds worth of driving footage, but it's enough to get a glimpse of where the game's at.
Speedy vehicles that range from high-spec production cars to low-slung circuit racers, day and night racing, inner-city courses and tarmac tracks are all packed into those few seconds' material.
The game is being developed by Codemasters and marks the continuation of the "GRID" series, a multidisciplinary racer whose first and only entry so far came in 2008.
It was well-received but came at a time when Codies' "Formula One" and "Dirt" series were establishing themselves.
Gearing up for a late May release on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PCs, "GRID 2" benefits from not only its pedigree but a relative lack of competition on the console front, though on PC there's "Trackmania 2: Valley" and "Trackmania 2: Stadium," and "rFactor 2" went into open beta at the start of the year.
By the time "GRID 2" arrives, we will surely know more of plans for the "Forza Motorsport" and "Gran Turismo" franchises, in conjunction with those for new Xbox and PlayStation machines.
Gameplay Teaser Trailer - GRID 2 - youtu.be/hsL9NjzH6gM
Official website: gridgame.com
Latest stories in this category:
- Top iPad apps: 'Fast & Furious 6: The Game'
- 'Kill Mittal' game capitalises on French workers' struggle
- New Xbox is 'entertainment hub'
- New Xbox One unveiled as home entertainment hub
- How to watch the Xbox Reveal event on May 21
- Relaxnews app selection: eat where chefs eat, keep up with Cannes
- 'Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag' trailer states Captain Kenway's aims
- Electronic Arts opens 'Star Wars' studio in LA