Loud noises, explosions, crumbling space ships and searing red laser beams are the sort of thing we can expect from "Star Trek: The Game," if its "Salvation" trailer is anything to go by.
In the game, timed to arrive mid-April, a fortnight before its big-screen brother in arms "Star Trek Into Darkness," players can expect to control both Spock and Kirk (that's Zach Quinto and Chris Pine from J.J. Abrams's current film series, rather than Leonard Nimoy and William Shatner of yore).
There are shades of "Mass Effect," another video game space opera that itself has had considerable impact, while Canadian developer Digital Extremes tangled with sci-fi settings in 2009's "Dark Sector," and has another one on the go in the form of current free-to-play PC project "Warframe."
"Star Trek The Game" - "Salvation" Trailer: youtu.be/MjTq4dTxh1w
Official website: startrekgame.com
Latest stories in this category:
- New Xbox is 'entertainment hub'
- New Xbox One unveiled as home entertainment hub
- How to watch the Xbox Reveal event on May 21
- Relaxnews app selection: eat where chefs eat, keep up with Cannes
- 'Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag' trailer states Captain Kenway's aims
- Electronic Arts opens 'Star Wars' studio in LA
- Twitch TV launches on Xbox 360
- 'Anno Online' opens doors to city-building public