Enthusiasm for "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim" expansion "Dragonborn" keeps the add-on ahead on the Steam Network's chart, while pre-orders for "Crysis 3" disrupt the Gamestop Impulse top five come Monday, February 18.
"Crysis 3" and its super-powered warriors
A caustic critical reception didn't manage to stop "Aliens: Colonial Marines" in its tracks -- the game was panned at review and by internet communities alike, but it rose from fifth to second top seller on Steam over the course of the last week; on Impulse, however, it dropped eight places to ninth.
On GOG, an oldie but a goodie went straight into 1st. "System Shock 2," a predecessor of sorts to the "BioShock" games, and therefore March's "BioShock Infinite," was a surprise release and incorporates a number of popular modifications to the original, making it playable on modern machines.
1. Skyrim: Dragonborn (=)
2. Aliens: Colonial Marines (+3)
3. Borderlands 2 (-1)
4. Torchlight II (re-entry)
5. Counter Strike: Global Offensive (-2)
*Steam chart based on revenue, not units.
GameStop Impulse US (impulsedriven.com)
1. Battlefield 3 (re-entry)
2. Crysis 3: Hunter Edition (new)
3. Call of Duty: Black Ops Season Pass (re-entry)
4. The Sims 3 (re-entry)
5. SimCity Limited Edition (re-entry)
GamersGate US (gamersgate.com)
1. Civilization V: Gods & Kings expansion (re-entry)
2. March of the Eagles (new)
3. Civilization V (re-entry)
4. Mass Effect 3 (re-entry)
5. Mass Effect 3: Digital Deluxe Edition (re-entry)
1. System Shock 2 (new)
2. Roller Coaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack (re-entry)
3. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings (+5)
4. The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (+5)
5. Divinity 2: Developer's Cut (re-entry)
Desura's Most Popular (desura.com)
1. Amnesia: The Dark Descent (=)
2. Mount & Blade: Warband (=)
3. ERIE - free game (=)
4. Savage XR - free game (+1)
5. Paranormal (+3)