Dashing hero Chase McCain pursues criminal Rex Fury throughout Lego City by air, land and sea, donning costumes and disguises, in a TV trailer for the March 18 Wii U game.
Launching on March 18 in North America and March 28 in European and Australian regions, the Wii U title is made by the studio behind the "Lego Star Wars," "Lego Indiana Jones" and "Lego Harry Potter" games.
In fact, recent effort "Lego Batman 2" hinted at the possibility of the more open-world adventuring contained within "Lego City Undercover," which has been presented as a Wii U exclusive with a portable 3DS prequel coming in April.
Many aspects appear to owe a debt to the "Grand Theft Auto" series, but upcoming "Grand Theft Auto V" will place players on the wrong side of the law and, crucially, isn't out until September 17.
LEGO City Undercover TV Commercial: youtu.be/Z0dyOIeBSHA
Official website: videogames.lego.com/city-undercover
Latest stories in this category:
- Game on
- Top games on sale for all-new PlayStation 4
- Gamers queue for 'Call of Duty' latest
- 'Call of Duty' videogame sales top $1 bn in first day
- Novel-based game is numero uno
- Sony aims at gamers with new PlayStation 4 console
- Gamers snap up first deliveries of PS4 game console
- PS4 sales surpass 1m units in a day