Interest in playing "Arma 3" while the expansive skirmish sim is still in development keeps a paid alpha atop Steam's chart come Monday, March 18, while pre-orders see "BioShock Inifinite" rise on both Steam and GamersGate charts as a March 26 release date draws closer.
Despite an extremely difficult launch, and much umbrage taken over several aspects of the game -- online capabilities and traffic behavior among them -- this year's return to "SimCity" remains in first place on the GameStop Impulse chart two weeks after its debut.
Sales promotions see to an all-change in the GamersGate and GOG rankings, while free games surge on Desura's most popular, with "ERIE" remaining a top five favorite, supported by fellow horror titles "One Late Night," "[REC] Shutter" and the Command & Conquer fan remakes "Savage XR" and "OpenRA" not far behind.
1. Arma 3 Alpha (=)
2. BioShock Infinite (+2)
3. Tomb Raider (-1)
4. Far Cry 3 (re-entry)
5. Left 4 Dead 2 (re-entry)
*Steam chart based on revenue, not units.
GameStop Impulse US (impulsedriven.com)
1. SimCity Limited Edition (=)
2. Tomb Raider (+3)
3. Call of Duty: Black Ops II Season pass (+1)
4. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (re-entry)
5. Total War Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai (re-entry)
GamersGate US (gamersgate.com)
1. XCOM: Enemy Unknown (re-entry)
2. Viking: Battle for Asgard (re-entry)
3. Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package (re-entry)
4. BioShock Infinite (+2)
5. Saints Row 2 (re-entry)
1. Divinity 2: Developer's Cut (re-entry)
2. Deponia (re-entry)
3. Chronicles of Riddick: The Assault on Dark Athena (re-entry)
4. The Witcher (re-entry)
5. A New Beginning (re-entry)
Desura's Most Popular (desura.com)
1. Amnesia: The Dark Descent (=)
2. Mount & Blade: Warband (=)
3. Paranormal (=)
4. Vox (+2)
5. ERIE - free game (+2)
Latest stories in this category:
- Top iPad apps: 'Fast & Furious 6: The Game'
- 'Kill Mittal' game capitalises on French workers' struggle
- New Xbox is 'entertainment hub'
- New Xbox One unveiled as home entertainment hub
- How to watch the Xbox Reveal event on May 21
- Relaxnews app selection: eat where chefs eat, keep up with Cannes
- 'Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag' trailer states Captain Kenway's aims
- Electronic Arts opens 'Star Wars' studio in LA