A lull in the PC gaming release schedule becomes a chance to pick up a bargain or two, as "Portal 2," "Dishonored," and "Skyrim" climb back up the charts come Monday, April 22.
'Portal 2' leapt back to the top of the Steam chart in April 2013.
Sandwiched in between the Steam Network chart's lateral thinking puzzles of "Portal 2" and the "Portal Bundle" are historical action game "Dishonored," which has just benefited from a most welcome expansion pack "The Knives of Dunwall," and a mind-meltingly twisted take on "Portal" known as "Antichamber."
Visitors to Gamersgate enthusiastically availed themselves of two classic bundles: a "Neverwinter Nights" collection and the "Dungeons & Dragons Anthology", whose contents have historical links to the extremely well-funded Kickstarter projects "Project Eternity" and "Torment: Planes of Numenera."
Expect new titles to appear in next week's chart, following the releases of survival games "Don't Starve" and "Dead Island: Riptide," light and music mashup "Dyad," and stylized heist caper "Monaco: What's Yours is Mine" among others.
1. Portal 2
4. Portal Bundle
5. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
*Steam chart based on revenue, not units.
GameStop Impulse US (impulsedriven.com)
1. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
2. Civilization V
3. Skyrim - Dragonborn
4. Arma II Complete Collection
5. Crysis 3
GamersGate US (gamersgate.com)
1. Dungeons & Dragons Anthology
2. Victoria II: Heart of Darkness
3. Dungeons & Dragons: Neverwinter Nights Complete
4. IndieFort Spring Bundle
5. Neverwinter Nights 2
1. Back to the Future: The Game
2. Tales of Monkey Island
3. Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures
4. Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse
5. Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space
Desura's Most Popular (desura.com)
1. Amnesia: The Dark Descent
2. Mount & Blade: Warband
5. Project Zomboid