Sharing, accessibility and customization are high on the list for "The Sims 4" on Mac and PC.
"The Sims 4" is due out next year.
Though expansions and add-ons have kept life simulation game "The Sims 3" well-oiled since its 2009 release, "The Sims 4" is promising "a deeper connection" and "the most expressive, surprising and charming Sims ever."
Personalization remains of importance, and "new and intuitive tools" will be at hand so that players can "effortlessly share their creativity with friends and fans."
The mention of fans may imply that some sort of Sim-centric portal, social network, or YouTube-like hosted experience may be on its way.
Mindful of difficulties arising from the recent "SimCity" launch and its always-online requirement, Electronic Arts describes "The Sims 4" as a single-player offline experience.
Official website: thesims.com/thesims4
Latest stories in this category:
- Game on
- Top games on sale for all-new PlayStation 4
- Gamers queue for 'Call of Duty' latest
- 'Call of Duty' videogame sales top $1 bn in first day
- Novel-based game is numero uno
- Sony aims at gamers with new PlayStation 4 console
- Gamers snap up first deliveries of PS4 game console
- PS4 sales surpass 1m units in a day