Get your first glimpse of the "Mad Max" game from the studio behind supremely explosion-heavy titles "Just Cause 2" and "Renegade Ops."
Looking out for looters in "Mad Max"
As its graphical fidelity suggests, the road warrior tie-in is due on the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC platforms, in addition to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, in 2014.
And while the titular character doesn't sport Mel Gibson's likeness, the upcoming "Mad Max: Fury Road" film stars Tom Hardy, after all.
So far, comparisons to fellow post-apocalyptic video games "Rage" and "Fallout" abound, with "Borderlands" escaping association by merit of the series debut's late change in art style. Quite appropriately, "Mad Max" is looking very dusty and grimy.
That leaves viewers to wonder how close this first gameplay trailer is to the finished product, in the absence of tangible user interface or traditional third- or first-person perspective.
"The gameplay (as shown from the trailer): Walk, Drive, Explosions" quipped YouTube user Troxynity.
"Official Mad Max 'Soul of a Man' Gameplay Trailer": youtu.be/watch?v=lN28TV7mA50
Latest stories in this category:
- Game on
- Top games on sale for all-new PlayStation 4
- Gamers queue for 'Call of Duty' latest
- 'Call of Duty' videogame sales top $1 bn in first day
- Novel-based game is numero uno
- Sony aims at gamers with new PlayStation 4 console
- Gamers snap up first deliveries of PS4 game console
- PS4 sales surpass 1m units in a day