Leading games publisher EA confirms that it will offer 16 titles for Samsung's latest flagship phone when it officially comes to market later this year.
Samsung Galaxy SIV
Available through the Google Play store, the games on offer will include Real Racing 3, The Simpsons: Tapped Out, Tetris Blitz, Bejeweled Blitz, Monopoly and Plants Vs Zombies. Of the announcement, EA's vice president of new platforms, Glenn Roland, said: "We're delighted to be partnered with Samsung to bring some of our fans' favorite mobile gaming titles to the Samsung Galaxy S4 in time for launch." He also revealed that the versions of the titles on offer have been optimized to take full advantage of the SIV's superior processor, screen size and resolution.
As part of the phone's recent launch event in New York, Samsung executives revealed a number of supporting accessories for the Galaxy SIV, one of which was a prototype for a wireless game pad into which the smartphone can be inserted so that gamers can take full advantage of the device's large screen while using proper control buttons and joypad inputs rather than having to tap on the display to play titles. Its announcement has piqued the interest of many mobile gamers, however, EA has neither confirmed or denied whether or not their optimized games will work in conjunction with the Samsung Game Pad.
Latest stories in this category:
- Apple 'losing innovation magic'
- Report: Faster iPad Mini coming this year
- Google's 'Chrome Racer' brings slot car fun to multiple mobiles
- Apple passes the 50 billion app download milestone
- Apple marks 50 billionth app with big prize
- Google debuts music service for mobile gadgets
- Windows Phones still struggling to attract apps
- No frills BlackBerry to sell in emerging markets