Big C bombs in Pattani injure 37
First bomb inside sent shoppers into panic fleeing outside where a second bomb exploded.
Bombs at Big C in Pattani injure 37
PATTANI - Thirty-seven people were confirmed injured when two bombs exploded at Big C supercentre in Muang district on Tuesday afternoon.
The first explosion occurred about 2.10pm and the second shortly afterwards.
FIRST A BOMB INSIDE, THEN AS SHOPPERS FLEE OUTSIDE, A BOMB OUTSIDE
The first bomb went off near the food centre inside the Big C building.
The second bomb followed shortly afterwards outside the building, after shoppers and staff had left the building in panic, authorities said.
The second bomb was inside a bag placed in a pickup truck parked outside the building, they said.
37 INJURED BY BLASTS
All the injured were sent to Pattani hospital.
Authorities were checking on the ownership.
Fire after bombing.
Photos from the scene by Abdulloh Benjakat:
Video from www.facebook.com/montsakarn.kasamsuk
Learn from listening
- authority (noun): a person or government agency who has the power to make decisions or enforce the law - เจ้าหน้าที่ผู้มีอำนาจ
- blast: an explosion - การระเบิด
- confirm (verb): to state or show that something is definitely true or correct, especially by providing evidence - ยืนยัน
- deputy: a person whose rank is immediately below that of the leader of an organisation - รอง
- donation: the process of giving blood or a part of your body to help someone who needs it -
- explode (verb): blast, blow up, burst - ระเบิด
- explosion (noun): the sudden violent bursting and loud noise of something such as a bomb exploding; the act of deliberately causing something to explode - การระเบิด
- hypermarket: a very large supermarket, usually built outside a town, that sells a wide range of goods - ห้างสรรพสินค้า
- injured (adj): hurt in an accident, natural disaster, attack, etc. - ได้รับบาดเจ็บ
- licence plate: a flat piece of metal or plastic on the front and back of a vehicle that shows its license number - แผ่นป้ายทะเบียนรถยนต์
- object: a thing that can be seen or touched, but is not alive - วัตถุ, สิ่งของ
- occurred (verb): happened - เกิดขึ้น
- ownership (noun): the condition or state of owning things, having things that you "own", that belong to you, that you are the "owner" of - สิทธิการครอบครอง, ความเป็นเจ้าของ
- panic: a sudden strong feeling of fear or worry that causes you to be unable to think clearly or calmly - ความตื่นตกใจ
- pickup truck (noun): a vehicle with low sides and no roof at the back used, for example, by farmers - รถพิกอัป, รถกระบะ
- staff: workers employed by a person or organisation considered as a group - คณะผู้ทำงาน, คนงาน
- superintendent: a senior police officer - เจ้าหน้าที่ตำรวจระดับสูง
- suspicious: a feeling that someone or something cannot be trusted — - มีความสงสัย, ด้วยความสงสัย, สงสัย, พิรุธ
- urgent: needing to be dealt with immediately - ที่เร่งด่วน