Local AZ vaccine 'fit for use'
Samples of AstraZeneca vaccine licensed to be produced locally by Siam Bioscience have passed the standard set by the Department of Medical Sciences (DMS).
The vaccine passed the full tests for requirements. The results of the analysis of the vaccine's quality will support having the vaccine mass-produced by Siam Bioscience, according to the DMS.
Last Friday, the FDA gave Siam Bioscience approval to increase its production capacity. The company is expected to deliver the first batch of locally produced vaccines to the government next month, with further supplies for export.
In a related development, the National Vaccine Institute (NVI) and the Department of Disease Control (DDC) will place an order for the Covid-19 vaccine manufactured by Pfizer.
The Pfizer vaccine is expected to be more suited for school-age people, which reportedly pose a higher risk of triggering a major outbreak of Covid-19. The vaccine can now be stored at higher temperatures than before, which makes for easier transportation.
In a Facebook post on Monday, Prayut said the government plans to procure 10-15 million doses a month from several manufacturers and intends to inoculate about 30 million people over the next three months and 50 million by the end of the year.
Learn from listening
- analysis: the detailed study or examination of something in order to understand more about it; the result of the study - การวิเคราะห์
- approval: official permission - การอนุมัต
- batch: a group of things considered similar in type - พวก, ชุด, กลุ่ม
- capacity: the ability to do a particular thing - ความสามารถ,สมรรถภาพ
- fit: suitable; of the right quality; with the right qualities or skills - ที่เหมาะสม
- inoculate: to treat a person or animal with a vaccine to produce immunity against a disease -
- mass-produce: producing large amounts or quantities of something for sale - ผลิตเป็นจำนวนมาก
- procure: to buy supplies or equipment for a government department or company - จัดซื้อวัสดุ เครื่องมือสำหรับบริษัท หรือหน่วยงานของรัฐ
- suit: to be right or good for somebody/something - เหมาะกับ
- transportation: the process of moving people or things from one place to another - การขนส่ง
- trigger: to cause - ก่อให้เกิด กระตุ้น
- vaccine: a substance which contains a form that is not harmful of a virus and which is given to a person or animal to prevent them from getting the disease which the virus causes - วัคซีน