Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has sacked Deputy Agriculture Minister Thamanat Prompow and Deputy Labour Minister Narumon Pinyosinwat.
Capt Thamanat stands accused of manoeuvring the ouster campaign which allegedly involved a number of Palang Pracharath Party (PPRP) politicians and others in the main opposition Pheu Thai Party.
"It's my reason. It's my business," Prayut said about the sackings.
A source in the PPRP said on Thursday the fate of Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwon hangs in the balance following the dismissal of the pair who are his close aides.
Meanwhile, a resignation letter signed by Thamanat was circulated online on Thursday.
Learn from listening
- aide: someone whose job is to help another person in their work - ผู้ช่วย
- circulate: to send to many different people - หมุนเวียน
- fate: the things that happen or will happen to someone - ชะตากรรม
- hang in the balance: of a situation that has reached a stage where it will soon be decided one way or another - สถานการณ์) ไม่แน่นอนว่าจะจบด้วยดีหรือร้าย
- no-confidence: believing that someone is unsuitable for a job or not capable of doing it, usually used in parliament during a censure debate - ไม่ไว้วางใจ
- no-confidence debate (censure debate): formally criticising a cabinet minister or the full cabinet in a parliamentary session after which members vote to support or reject the motion - การอภิปรายไม่ไว้วางใจ
- opposition: of a political party that is not part of the government or a group which is against the government - ฝ่ายค้าน ผู้ต่อต้าน
- ouster: forcing someone out of a position of power - ขับออกจากอำนาจ
- resignation: the act of leaving a job, position of power, etc. - การลาออกจากตำแหน่ง
- rife: very common or frequent - มีอยู่ทั่วไป,แพร่หลาย
- sacking: forcing someone to leave their job - ปลดคนงาน
- speculation: ideas or discussion about what might happen or has happened or why something has happened without having complete information - การคาดการณ์
- topple: to force out of power; to cause to fall (also oust, unseat or overthrow) - โค่นอำนาจ