Curfew, red zones may ease
The government may consider easing more restrictions on businesses and activities, including reducing the number of dark-red zone provinces and shortening the curfew by two hours from Saturday.
Sources at Government House said the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) will consider easing restrictions, for example reducing the number of maximum and strict control zones to 24, "red" or maximum control zones to 29, and "orange" control zones to 24.
The centre will also propose shortening curfew hours from 10pm-4am to 11pm-3am as of this Saturday until the end of the month.
The CCSA meeting will be asked to consider allowing foreign visitors from 10 countries with low infection numbers to enter Thailand without the need for quarantine, the sources said.
The centre will also discuss the preparations under way ahead of the country's reopening on Nov 1, and the resumption of entertainment venue operations on Dec 1.
Asked whether countdown events would be permitted on New Year's Eve, the government said some are already planned for Phuket, while other provinces can submit their plans.
Learn from listening
- consider: to give careful thought to something before making a decision - พิจารณา
- curfew: a law that does not allow people to go outside between a particular time in the evening and a particular time in the morning - กฎอัยการศึก คือห้ามออกนอกบ้านในยามวิกาล
- ease: to make a problem, situation or pain less severe or serious - บรรเทา
- permit (verb): to allow someone to do something - อนุญาต, อนุมัติ, ยินยอม
- preparations (noun): things that you do to get ready for something or make something ready - การตระเตรียม
- propose: to suggest an idea for a group to consider - เสนอ
- reduce: to make something smaller or less in amount, size, importance etc - ลดลง
- restriction: a rule, action or situation that limits or controls someone or something - การจำกัด, การควบคุม
- resumption (noun): the act of beginning something again after it has stopped - การเริ่มต้นใหม่
- source: a place where information comes from; someone who gives information - แหล่ง
- strict: demanding that rules are obeyed; very careful and exact - เข้มงวด
- submit: to formally give something to someone so that can make a decision about it - ยื่น (เอกสาร) เพื่อการพิจารณา