'Tangmo's manager admits giving false statements
The manager of Nida "Tangmo" Patcharaveerapong has admitted to a false statement charge by the police.
Police said on Monday Idsarin “Gatick’’ Juthasuksawat confessed to police that she had given false statements to investigators.
She was charged with giving false statements to police which could cause damage to other people. The charge carries a fine of up to 4,000 baht and/or a maximum jail term of two years.
She went to the police station with former Palang Pracharath Party MP Sira Jenjaka, who is now her advisor.
Mr Sira said Ms Idsarin had told police the full truth and warned the other four people on the speedboat to tell the truth.
She was one of the five people on the speed boat when Nida fell into the Chao Phraya River on Feb 24.
Police will press charges against another person believed to be offering advice to all five people on the boat on how they should talk to investigators.
The police station chief said the sixth suspect was not lawyer Sittra Biabungkerd, who met two people after the incident and refused to accept them as his clients.
Learn from listening
- advisor (noun): a person who gives advice, especially somebody who knows a lot about a particular subject - ที่ปรึกษา
- confess (verb): to admit that you have committed a crime - สารภาพผิด
- damage (noun): physical harm caused to something which makes it less attractive, useful or valuable - ความเสียหาย
- false: not true -
- finesse: great skill or style - กลเม็ด
- guide: to help somebody to move in a particular direction; to move something in a particular direction; to direct or influence somebody's behaviour - นำทาง, นำไป
- investigator: someone whose job is to officially find out the facts about something - ผู้สอบสวน, ผู้สำรวจ, ผู้ตรวจสอบ
- press charges: to accuse someone officially of committing a crime - ตั้งข้อกล่าวหา
- refuse: to say you not want something that has been offered to you - ปฏิเสธ
- statement: a formal written/spoken account of events that a person who has seen a crime or who has been accused of a crime gives to the police - คำให้การ