Thais favour changing jobs
published : 10 Jul 2013 at 14:35
The survey involved about 170,000 people in 30 countries, including Thailand. It examined issues of job mobility and career progression as part of a shift to a more autonomous and empowered workforce.
The survey reflects a changing attitude from workers, with more seeking to gain new experience and skills with multiple employers, the report said.
The trend in Thailand is the same as thew global trend, in which exactly 53% of respondents favoured changing employers as the best way to advance their career.
Wanna Assavakarint, managing director of Kelly Services Thailand, said 81% of respondents in Thailand were of the view that multiple employers was definitely an asset in their career development, higher than the global average of 70%.
More than a third (35%) said they actively look for a new job, even when happy in their current one.
Three-quarters of Thai respondents believed that if they changed jobs, they would be in a good bargaining position to secure a similar or better position.
"Employers face the reality that even happy workers are actively planning for the next step in their career and that many workers are seeing the advantages of wider employment experiences with a more diverse range of organisations," Ms Wanna said.
She added that employers need to consider ways to improve their development and promotional programmes so that employees think twice before switching employers.
- atrocious: very bad in quality; very bad or unpleasant - อัปลักษณ์, น่าเกลียด
- canister: a round metal container that is used to hold gases or chemical substances under pressure - กระป๋องสเปรย์
- dismiss a complaint: (of a court of law) to decide that the charges made against a person or organisation are not correct or proper procedures have not been followed and the case should not be taken to court - ยกฟ้อง
- extrovert: a lively and confident person who enjoys being with other people - ผู้ชอบเอาใจใส่ต่อสิ่งภายนอก adj. เกี่ยวกับการชอบเอาใจใส่ต่อสิ่งภายนอกหรือสิ่งแวดล้อม
- gain access: to get the opportunity or right to have or use something - ได้โอกาสในการใช้
- sensor: a device that can react to light, heat, pressure, etc. in order to make a machine, etc. do something or show something - อุปกรณ์ส่งสัญญาณที่ไวต่อแสงหรืออุณหภูมิ, ตัวเซ็นเซอร์
- the throne (noun): the position of being king or queen; the monarchy, especially the highest position (King or Queen) - ราชบัลลังก์,สถาบันกษัตริย์