Puppies saved from fire (videos)
published : 3 Jul 2014 at 18:25
writer: Jon Fernquest
Mother dog feeds puppies with scraps from market everyday but one day their field next to the market catches on fire...
The market vendor in Cha-am and the two puppies she saved from a fire in a field next to the market.
Pups saved from fire
PETCHABURI - Two puppies trapped in the middle of a burning field were saved by a 52-year-old food vendor on Saturday. The incident was caught on video and was shared on social media.
Ladda Chantabutr, a vendor at Meesuk market in Cha-am district, told reporters that she ran into the field next to the market as soon as she heard about the fire.
She knew about the two young puppies in the field, which was covered in tall cattail plants. She had previously seen the mother scavenging for food scraps in the market almost everday, and she took whatever she found back into the field.
One day, Mrs Ladda decided to follow the dog into the field and she found the two pups. Since then, she had frequently taken food to the pups and their mother.
"When I heard about the fire, I was worried for the puppies so I ran to save them. The wind was strong and the fire had almost reached their shelter when I got there," Mrs Ladda said.
"From now on, I'll take good care of them because I love them and feel a strong bond with them."
The one-minute video clip of Mrs Ladda holding the two pups near the burning field was uploaded by Facebook user Thanit Homklin (ฐานิฏฐ์ หอมกลิ่น).
Netizens praised Mrs Ladda for having the courage to save the pups, saying many people would panic and forget about them. (continues below).
In another canine story, a dog named named Ma-kwid (wood apple) has become famous overnight after a video of Ma-kwid following its owner's directions went viral.
In the video, the golden retriever nods when its owner asks it to do certain chores like delivering things to different family members in the house. Ma-kwid might appear obedient, but is not so dutiful when asked to share a snack.
Learn from listening
- bond: something that gives people a reason to love one another or feel they have a duty to one another - ผูกมัด
- canine: about dogs; related to dogs -
- chores: jobs which are often boring or unpleasant but need to be done regularly - งานบ้าน
- courage (noun): the ability to do something that you know is right or good, even though it is dangerous, frightening, or very difficult - ความกล้าหาญ
- direction: the way something is moving or coming from - ทิศทาง
- famous overnight: became famous quickly -
- frequently: happening often - บ่อยๆ
- incident: something that happens, usually something bad - เหตุการณ์
- netizen: a person who uses the Internet a lot - พลเมืองเครือข่ายคอมพิวเตอร์
- nod: to move your head down and up once to say hello to somebody or to give them a sign to do something - พยักหน้ารับ
- obedient: doing, or willing to do, what you have been told to do by someone in authority - ที่เชื่อฟัง
- panic: a sudden strong feeling of fear or worry that causes you to be unable to think clearly or calmly - ความตื่นตกใจ
- praise: an expression of strong approval or admiration - การยกย่อง, การชื่นชม
- puppy (or pup) (noun): a young dog - ลูกสุนัข
- scavenge: to look for or get food or other objects in other people's rubbish - ค้นหาของ (ที่ยังใช้ได้) จากกองขยะ
- share: to have or use something at the same time as someone else - ใช้ร่วมกัน
- shelter: a place where animals are protected - โรงเลี้ยงสัตว์, สถานที่ที่ปลอดภัยสำหรับสัตว์
- shelter: a place where people are protected from danger or bad weather; a temporary place to stay - ที่หลบภัย ที่พักชั่วคราว
- snack: a small meal or amount of food, usually eaten in a hurry - อาหารว่าง, อาหารเบาๆ
- social media: the use of web-based and mobile technologies to turn communication into an interactive dialogue, e.g., Facebook, Twitter, etc. - เครือข่ายสังคมออนไลน์
- trapped: to be in a dangerous or unpleasant situation from which it is difficult or impossible to escape - ถูกกับดัก
- vendor: someone who sells something, but often not in a shop - พ่อค้าแม่ค้าแผงลอย
- viral: (of a video, photo, story, etc.) spread across the internet very quickly (like a virus spreading a disease) as people share it with their friends or the news media reports on it - แพร่กระจายผ่านทางอินเทอร์เน็ตอย่างรวดเร็ว