More Thais shopping online
Home appliances & electronics (38.3%), airline travel (35%) and clothing & accessories (33.3%), the top online purchases for Thai consumers.
SHOPPING & THE INTERNET
More Thais shopping online
More Thais are shopping online, with four out of five people surveyed admitting to making at least one online purchase in the last three months, according to credit provider MasterCard.
Home appliances and electronics (38.3%), airline travel (35%) and clothing and accessories (33.3%) were the top online purchases for Thai consumers.
Publishing its 2015 annual online shopping survey, the global credit card provider MasterCard said that 82.6% of Thai respondents said they had made one or more online purchases in the previous three months - a 1.7% increase since 2014.
Thai shoppers suggested improvements should include making transactions easier (60.8%), enhancing payment security and boosting confidence in online transactions (56.2%), and free delivery (54%).
Thai consumers said they found online shopping convenient (79.6%), often went to the same shopping sites where they had made a purchase before (78.4%) and realised that online shopping was easy (76.2%).
Overall, almost half of the respondents (48.5%) across the region had made a purchase using their smartphone in the previous three months, led by India (76.4%), China (76.1%), South Korea (62.0%) and Thailand (61.1%).
Learn from listening
- accessory: a thing that you can wear or carry that matches your clothes, for example a belt or a bag; an extra piece of equipment that is useful but not essential or that can be added to something else as a decoration - เครื่องประดับ, ส่วนประกอบเพิ่มเติม
- admit: to agree that something is true, especially when you are unhappy, sorry or surprised about it - ยอมรับ
- annual: happening every year - ทุกๆปีด, ประจำปี
- appliance: a machine or piece of equipment that you have in your home, for example a washing machine or refrigerator - เครื่องใช้
- at least: the smallest amount possible, could be more than this - อย่างน้อย
- boost: to increase - เพิ่ม
- confidence: being certain of your abilities or of having trust in people, plans, or the future - ความมั่นใจ
- consumer: someone who buys and uses goods and services - ผู้บริโภค
- convenient: easy to do, or not causing problems or difficulties - สะดวก
- credit (noun): money loaned to people - เงินกู้
- delivery (noun): the act of taking/sending goods, letters, information, etc. to the people they have been sent to - การส่ง, การส่งสินค้า
- enhance: to improve the quality, amount or strength of something - ปรับปรุง, ทำให้ดีขึ้น
- factor: a fact or situation which influences the result of something - ปัจจัย
- global: throughout the world - ทั่วโลก
- improvement: when something gets better or when you make it better - การปรับปรุง, การทำให้ดีขึ้น
- online: controlled by or connected to a computer or to the Internet - ออนไลน์, การเชื่อมต่อผ่านระบบเครือข่ายทางคอมพิวเตอร์
- overall (adj): total; including all the things or people that are involved in a particular situation; general - ทั้งหมด, โดยทั่วไป
- provider (noun): a person/company who gives or supplies something - ผู้ให้
- publish: to make something available to the public through books, magazines, the Internet, etc. - เผยแพร่, จัดพิมพ์
- purchase: to buy something - ซื้อ
- reason (noun): why something happened or exists - เหตุผล
- region: a large area of land or space, usually without exact limits or borders - ภูมิภาค, ขอบเขต, แถบ, บริเวณ
- respondent (noun): someone who answers questions - ผู้ตอบคำถาม/แบบสำรวจ
- security: protection; safety from attack, harm, or damage - ความมั่นคง, ระบบรักษาความปลอดภั, ความปลอดภัย
- site: website -
- survey: to ask a large number of people questions to find out their opinions - สำรวจ
- transaction: a business dealing - การติดต่อทางธุรกิจ