Thai sister group for Japan's AKB48 all-girl pop group
With pink as official colour representing orchids, Thai sister pop group of AKB48 to be called BNK48 & will join Jakarta, Taipei & Manila as foreign sister groups.
Thai sister group for Japan's AKB48 all-girl pop group
Kyodo News News agency & others
The ever - expanding Japanese all-girl pop group AKB48 will branch out to Thailand and the Philippines, its management agency said, and create so-called "sister" pop groups.
BNK48 will be based in Bangkok and MNL48, in Manila, and will join the AKB48 family as the newest "sister groups," while Taiwan's TPE48 will finally take shape after its formation was announced in 2011.
ALREADY ACTIVE SISTER GROUPS
AKB48, which marked its 10th anniversary in December, already has active foreign sister groups in Jakarta, Indonesia, and in Shanghai, in addition to sister groups in four Japanese cities outside of Tokyo.
The original group is called the "super group" to distinguish it from the other sister groups..
The super group had planned to perform at August's Japan Expo in Bangkok, but pulled out after the Erawan shrine bombing.
PINK CHOSEN FOR THAI GROUP'S COLOUR
The Thailand group BNK48 has chosen pink as its group colour which represents the color of an orchid, a flower that is popular in Thailand.
The Manila group MNL48 has chosen blue, an important colour in the Philippines flag.
The group color of the Taipei group TPE48 will be yellow, representing the colour of mango.
FIRST SISTER GROUPS IN JAPAN
The first sister groups were created in Japan.
The first sister group outside Japan JKT48 was formed in Jakarta, Indonesia in 2011. SNH48 was then formed in Shanghai, China.
In addition to sister groups there are also rival groups, for example Nogizaka46 in Japan which in turn has created its own sister group - Keyakizaka46.
HOW DO SISTER GROUPS WORK?
"Each sister group has a home theater and releases its own singles, however, the groups outside of Japan publish localised versions of AKB48 songs only. Japanese sister group members also perform with AKB48 and are frequently employed as temporary, concurrent members of AKB48," according to Wikipedia here.
WILL THE SINGERS IN SISTER GROUPS BE THAI?
The way the sister group in Indonesia works may apply to Thailand too: "While JKT48 does not restrict membership by nationality, applicants must be residents of Indonesia," according to Wikipedia here.
Learn from listening
- according to (prep): as stated or reported by somebody/something - ตามคำบอกเล่า, ตามรายงาน
- active: currently working -
- agency (noun): a company or organisation that arranges for some service or workers to be provided to other companies and people - บริษัทตัวแทน, สำนักงานตัวแทน, หน่วยงานบริการ
- anniversary: a date when you celebrate something that happened in a previous year that is important to you - วันครบรอบ
- announce: to tell people something officially, especially about a decision, plans, etc - ประกาศ, แจ้ง, แจ้งให้ทราบ
- applicant: someone who applies for something, such as a job or a loan of money - ผู้สมัคร,ผู้แจ้งความจำนง,ผู้ขอ
- apply: to make use of something - นำมาใช้
- apply to (verb): to use something or make something work in a particular situation - ทำให้เกี่ยวข้องกับ, ทำให้มีผลต่อ, นำไปใช้กับ
- based: where the main work of a business is done or controlled - ซึ่งเป็นศูนย์กลาง
- branch out (verb): to start doing something new and different -
- concurrent (adj.): existing or happening at the same time; simultaneous - ที่เกิดขึ้นพร้อมกัน, ที่กระทำร่วมกัน
- distinguish: to recognise the difference between two people or things - จำแนกความแตกต่าง, แยกแยะ
- employ: to use - ใช้
- ever-: always happening without stopping; happening continually -
- expand: to make or become larger - ขยาย เพิ่ม
- form: the particular way something is, seems, looks or is presented; a type or variety of something - รูปแบบ, รูปทรง
- formation: the process during which something develops or is created - การสร้าง
- frequently: happening often - บ่อยๆ
- localise: to make a local version of some kind of media, such as a magazine or TV program -
- mark: to celebrate something - เพื่อเฉลิมฉลอง
- member: a person, a country or an organization that has joined a particular group, club or team - สมาชิก
- membership (noun): being part of an organization or club - การเป็นสมาชิก, สมาชิกสภาพ, การเป็นส่วนหนึ่งของกลุ่ม, การเข้าร่วม,
- nationality: a group of people who have the same race, language, or culture - สัญชาติ
- orchid (noun): a plant with brightly coloured flowers of unusual shapes. There are many different types of orchid and some of them are very rare. - ดอกกล้วยไม้
- original: the first of something - เดิม, แบบฉบับ
- perform: to put on a show for people, e.g., singing, playing a sport, etc - แสดง
- pop: popular; liked by many people - เป็นที่นิยม, เป็นที่ชื่นชอบ
- pop group: a pop music group, singing popular songs -
- popular (adj): a situation in which someone or something is liked by many people - เป็นที่นิยม, เป็นที่ชื่นชอบ
- publish: to make something available to the public through books, magazines, the Internet, etc. - เผยแพร่, จัดพิมพ์
- pulled out: to take something out of some place -
- represent: to be an example or expression of something - แสดงให้เห็น, เป็นเครื่องหมายของ
- resident: a person who lives in a particular area - ผู้ที่อาศัยในท้องที่
- restrict: to limit - จำกัด
- rival: a person you are competing against or opposing - คู่แข่ง
- shrine: a place for worship which is holy because of a connection with a holy person or object - สถานที่บูชา
- so-called: used for saying that a particular word is usually used for referring to someone or something - ที่เป็นที่รู้กัน
- super: above something -
- take shape: to develop and become more complete or organised - เป็นตัวเป็นตน, เป็นรูปเป็นร่าง
- temporary: existing, done or used for only a limited period of time - ชั่วคราว
- version: a particular form of something which varies slightly from other forms of the same thing - ชุด, เวอร์ชั่น