Four killed in car chase crash
Truck driving migrant workers plunges into ditch
CHACHOENGSAO: Four migrant workers were killed in a crash following a police chase in this eastern province in the early hours of Friday.
Plaeng Yao district police received reports of the incident at 2.30am.
There were signs some people inside had escaped.
After lifting the truck from the ditch, police found the bodies of two men and one woman inside the cab. Another man was also found dead outside the truck. All of them were later identified as Cambodians.
Learn from listening
- cab: the place where the driver sits in a bus, train or lorry/truck - ห้องคนขับในรถ
- crammed: completely filled with people or things - คับคั่ง
- ditch: a long narrow open channel dug into the ground usually at the side of a road or field, which is used especially for supplying or removing water, or for dividing land - คูน้ำ
- escape (verb): to get away from a place; to leave a place where you are in danger - หนี
- incident: something that happens, usually something bad - เหตุการณ์
- migrant worker: someone who travels to another place or country in order to find work - คนงานต่างถิ่น
- narrow: not wide; having a small distance from one side to the other, especially in comparison with the length - แคบ
- overturn: to turn upside down or on the side - พลิกคว่ำ, คว่ำลง
- plunge: to fall quickly from a high position - ดิ่งลงมาจากท้องฟ้า
- survivor: someone who still exists after an event that could have killed or destroyed them - ผู้รอดชีวิต