Street-racing motorcycle crash kills 1, injures 18
One street racer died and 18 others were injured in a collision during a street race in Samut Sakhon in the early hours on Sunday.
Police identified the dead biker as Jeerasak Chanprieng, 20, according to INN News. The injured were sent to five hospitals in the province.
An initial investigation found that one or two motorbikes in the pack may have lost control, sending speeding bikes behind crashing to the ground.
Police believed other racers had fled the scene after the accident. All will be sought and brought in for interrogation, he said.
Rama II and Phetkasem roads often become racing tracks for street racers during the early hours on weekends.
Learn from listening
- damaged (adj): having received physical harm makes something less attractive, useful or valuable - ได้รับความเสียหาย
- disturbance: an occasion during which people behave in a noisy or violent way in a public place - ก่อความไม่สงบ หรือรบกวนประชาชน
- flee: to leave a place or person quickly because you are afraid of possible danger - หนี อพยพ
- incident: something that happens, usually something bad - เหตุการณ์
- injured (adj): hurt in an accident, natural disaster, attack, etc. - ได้รับบาดเจ็บ
- interrogation: asking someone a lot of questions in order to get information - การสอบถาม, การซักถาม
- pack (noun): a group of similar people or things, all the people who are behind the leaders in a race, competition, etc - กลุ่ม, หมู่, พวก,คณะ
- reckless: not thinking about the possible bad effects of your actions - สะเพร่า
- rescue: saving a person or animal from a dangerous or unpleasant situation - การช่วยชีวิต
- volunteer (noun): someone who is not paid for the work that they do; someone who does something willingly without being required to - อาสาสมัคร