'Nam Oun' arrested
published : 25 Sep 2019 at 17:23
writer: Gary Boyle
Police have arrested Rachadech "Nam Oun" Wongtabutr on three charges relating to the death of product presenter Thitima Noraphanpiphat, better known as Lunlabelle.
Mr Radachech was the last person seen with Lunlabelle, in security camera footage, before her body was found on a sofa in the lobby of a condominium building where he lives, in the early hours of Sept 17.
He had earlier refused to open the door to police when they went to his room at the condo on Ratchadaphisek-Tha Phra Road to show him a warrant for his arrest.
He was taken to Metropolitan Police Division 8 and then to Bukkhalo police station for interrogation that continued well into Wednesday morning. He was then charged with detaining Lunlabelle in a way that caused her death, molestation and committing an indecency.
According to police, an autopsy found that Thitima died of extreme alcoholic intoxication, with a blood alcohol concentration of 418 milligrammes per 100 millilitres - a level that causes unconsciousness and death.
Learn from listening
- custody: the state of being in prison or under police control, especially while waiting for trial - การกักขัง, การคุมขัง
- extreme: much more severe or serious than usual - ที่รุนแรงที่สุด
- indecency (noun): behaviour that is thought to be morally or sexually offensive - ความหยาบคาย, ความอนาจาร, ความไม่เหมาะสม
- interrogation: asking someone a lot of questions in order to get information - การสอบถาม, การซักถาม
- intoxication: a condition of having had too much of an alcoholic drink, a drug, etc. - การมึนเมา
- lobby: a large area inside the entrance of a public building where people can meet and wait - ห้องโถง,ทางเข้า, ซุ้มประตู, ห้องรับรอง
- molestation: attacking someone sexually - การลวนลามทางเพศ
- refuel (verb): to put more fuel in a vehicle or aircraft - เติมเชื้อเพลิง
- refuse (verb): to say or show that you will not do something; to say or show that you will not do something that someone has asked you to do - ปฏิเสธ
- unconsciousness: in a sleeplike condition, usually from an illness or injury - หมดสติ
- warrant: to be/make necessary or appropriate in a particular situation - มีเหตุผลอันสมควร