Norwegian man found hanged in Hua Hin
A Norwegian man aged 47 was found hanged at his rented house in Hua Hin on Monday.
Police rushed to the Hua Hin Paradise Village housing estate after being informed of the death. They found the body of a man hanged with black electrical wire on the porch of the one-storey house.
At the scene there were chairs, three liquor bottles -- two of which were empty -- two empty beer cans, three glasses and two sets of dishes. There was also a toppled stool. Police also found a mobile phone at the bottom of the swimming pool.
The deceased was wearing jeans shorts and had a tattoo on his right arm. No wounds were visible on the body, except for some scratches on the knees apparently caused by scraping against the ground at the time of death.
A swimming pool engineer said he found the body when he arrived at the house for his regular pool maintenance visit. He said the man had rented the house for six months.
Learn from listening
- deceased: dead - ซึ่งตายแล้ว
- fingerprint: a mark that you leave on something when you touch it, showing the pattern of lines on the skin of your fingers - รอยนิ้วมือ
- hang (verb): to kill somebody by tying a rope around their neck and allowing them to drop; to be killed in this way - ฆ่าด้วยการแขวนคอ
- liquor: strong alcoholic drink - สุราที่ได้จากการกลั่น
- maintenance: the act of keeping something in good condition by checking or repairing it regularly - การซ่อมบำรุง
- ruled out: stopped considering this as a possibility - ประกาศว่าเป็นสิ่งที่เป็นไปไม่ได้
- scene: site; a place where something happens or happened - สถานที่เกิดเหตุ
- scratches: thin marks on a surface - รอยข่วน, รอยถลอก, รอยกรีด
- stool (noun): a small seat that is usually, but not always, low to the ground - ม้านั่งไม่มีพนักซึ่งมี 3 หรือ 4 ขา, ม้านั่งเดี่ยว
- suicide: the action of deliberately killing yourself - การฆ่าตัวตาย
- topple: to cause to fall - คว่ำลงมา
- wires (noun): metal in the form of thin threads - สายโลหะ
- wound: an injury in which your skin or flesh is damaged - บาดแผล