VIDEO: Man uses stones to rob gold shop
UDON THANI: A man smashed glass showcases with stones and stole gold worth more than a million baht from a shop in a Tesco Lotus store on Monday night.
The robbery occurred at the Aurora gold shop inside the Tesco Lotus Rangsina market branch around 8pm.
Security camera footage shows a man wearing an apron, face mask and cap throwing stones at the wall display cabinets. As the two female employees huddle in fear he jumps over the counter, grabs gold necklaces from the broken cabinets and runs away. A late arriving security guard chases him in vain.
The robbery took only 30 seconds. Employees said the robber made off with 55 baht weight of gold worth about 1.1 million baht.
Police were hot on his trail, looking at video camera recordings.
Learn from listening
- apron (n): a cloth worn around your waste to protect your clothes, for example while cooking -
- cabinet: a piece of furniture with doors, drawers and/or shelves, that is used for storing or showing things - ชั้นหรือตู้วางของ
- huddle (verb): to move close together; to move close together in order to stay warm - เกาะกลุ่มกันไว้
- in vain: without success - ไม่สำเร็จ
- robbery: the crime of stealing money or goods from a bank, shop/store, person, etc - การปล้น, การโจรกรรม
- trail: the places where someone/something has gone - ร่องรอยที่ทิ้งไว้ให้ตามได้