Passengers face long security queue at Suvarnabhumi
Immigration police were working with Airports of Thailand Plc to end a long queue of outbound passengers waiting for security clearance at Suvarnabhumi airport.
A large number of complaints and questions about the delay from outbound passengers kept waiting in the departure hall of Thailand's main gateway were received by Jor Sor 100 traffic radio around 10.30am on Sunday.
The deputy Immigration Police Bureau spokesman said that the long queue was due to the screening process conducted by the airport agency in line with instructions from the International Civil Aviation Organisation.
Learn from listening
- complaint: when someone says that something is wrong or not satisfactory - การบ่น, ข้อที่ไม่พอใจ
- congestion: a situation in which a place is crowded with people or vehicles - แน่นขนัดไปด้วยรถหรือคน
- deploy: to put into position and made ready for use - การนำลงประจำท้องที่
- outbound (adj): travelling towards a particular point, particularly away from a city, country, etc. - ขาออก (opposite of inbound ขาเข้า)
- queue: a line of people waiting for something - คิว
- screening: the testing or examining of a large number of people or things for disease, faults, illegal objects, etc - การตรวจ
- spokesman: a person who speaks on behalf of a group or an organization - โฆษก