Man who lives in Suvarnabhumi airport stole tourist bag
A sacked employee who still lives at Suvarnabhumi airport has been arrested for stealing a bag from a sleeping American traveller.
Suchart Sawatdee, 41, was arrested in the basement area of the airport, outside the Airport Rail Link station, on Sunday evening, tourist police said on Tuesday.
Surveillance camera footage showed Mr Suchart, in black clothing, taking the bag, police said.
Mr Suchart had previously worked as a trolley collector at the airport, but was fired in 2016 for drinking alcohol on the job.
Learn from listening
- accused: to be said to have done something wrong or committed a crime - ถูกกล่าวหา
- arrest: (of the police or, in this case, soldiers) to take someone under control because they are believed to have committed a crime - จับกุม
- bench: a long seat for two or more people, usually made of wood - กระดานนั่ง, ม้านั่ง
- leftovers: the food that remains at the end of a meal after you have finished eating - สิ่งของที่เหลือ
- nap: a short sleep, usually during the day - การงีบ
- terminal: a large building at an airport where passengers arrive and leave - อาคารผู้โดยสาร
- trolley: a large container with wheels that you push and use for carrying things in a supermarket or at an airport - รถเข็น
- waist: the middle part of the body that is narrower than the parts above and below - เอว