Pickup rolls off ferry into the sea
PHUKET: The owner of an inter-island ferry has agreed to compensate the owner of a pickup truck that slid off the boat and into the sea.
Learn from listening
Click play to listen to audio for this story, or download to save the file
- buoy (noun): an object that floats on top of the water to show ships and boats where it is safe and where it is dangerous -
- damages: money that a court awards to a person who sued another person for causing injury to them -
- ferry: a boat for taking passengers across an area of water, especially as a regular service - เรือรับส่งข้ามฟาก
- handbrake (n): the emergency or parking brake on a car that stops it moving -
- rope (noun): very strong thick string made by twisting thinner strings, wires, etc. together - เชือก
- sank: caused something or someone to go down below the surface or to the bottom of a liquid or soft substance; past tense of "sink" - จม
- seabed (noun): the floor of the sea/ocean - พื้นดินใต้ทะเล
- unsecured: not attached to anything -
Do you like the content of this article?