Head-on train collision injures at least 30
At least 30 people were injured as two trains collided head-on at Pak Tho station in Ratchaburi on Monday.
Traffic Police radio and Jor Sor 100 radio reported the crash between express train No. 37/45 bound for Sungai Kolok in Narathiwat and Padang Besar in Songkhla, and freight train No. 722 from Hat Yai to Bang Sue.
INN reported that station staff could not switch the tracks in time for one of the trains to pass on the main track while another was waiting on another track.
The accident took place around 6.30pm.
At least 30 people were injured, they said.
The southern line is temporarily closed.
Learn from listening
- collide: (especially of moving objects) to hit something violently - ชน,กระแทก
- freight: goods, but not passengers, that are carried from one place to another, by ship, aircraft, train or truck, or the system of transporting these goods - สินค้าที่ขนส่ง
- head-on: head-on collision; when the fronts of two cars or boats drive into each other causing great injury and destruction -
- injured (adj): hurt in an accident, natural disaster, attack, etc. - ได้รับบาดเจ็บ
- temporarily: for a limited period of time - ชั่วคราว
- tracks (noun): the two long metal strips that a train travels along - รางรถไฟ