Buri Ram province locked down
BURI RAM: Provincial governor Thatchakorn Hatthathayakul has ordered a lockdown of the province to combat the spread of Covid-19 disease.
The lockdown took immediate effect and is possible under health regulations since Covid-19 was declared a dangerous communicable disease last month. The declaration gives health authorities power to make any decision to prevent the spread of the virus.
All people entering the province - both foreigners and local residents - will face strict screening and then self isolation for 14 days. Authorities and volunteers will check up on them. Those with fevers will be sent to hospitals.
All activities gathering more than 50 people in one venue - including seminars, entertainment events, religious ceremonies, summer courses and roaming markets - are banned for 30 days.
Buri Ram is the first province to implement a lockdown without waiting for a government order.
Learn from listening
- banned: officially not allowed to do something - ถูกห้าม
- communicable disease: a disease that can spread from one person or animal to another - โรคที่สามารถติดต่อได้
- contain: to prevent from spreading; to keep within limits - จำกัด,ควบคุมไว้
- declaration: an official announcement that something is true or is happening - การประกาศ
- governor: a person who is chosen to be in charge of the government of a state or province or a government agency - ผู้ว่าการรัฐ, ผู้ว่าราชการจังหวัด
- implement: to make something such as an idea, plan, system or law start to work and be used - นำแผนหรือนโยบายมาปฏิบัติ, นำมาใช้
- isolation: set apart from; disconnected from - แยกออกมา ตั้งอยู่เดี่ยวๆ
- lockdown (noun): an official order to control the movement of people or vehicles because of a dangerous situation -
- screen: to find out information about people to see if they are suitable for something, at risk of something, etc. - คัดเลือก, แยกออก, เลือกออก
- strict: very careful and exact - เข้มงวด