Frenchman caught without mask in Phuket
PHUKET: A French tourist was arrested in the Patong area on Tuesday for not wearing a face mask.
The Frenchman was detained by police and taken to Patong police station. He was charged with violating an order issued by the provincial communicable disease committee requiring all people to wear a face mask while outdoors - a measure against the spread of Covid-19.
Learn from listening
- communicable disease: a disease that can spread from one person or animal to another - โรคที่สามารถติดต่อได้
- detained: kept in a place and not allowed to leave - กักตัว ควบคุมตัวหรือฝากขัง
- governor: a person who is chosen to be in charge of the government of a state or province or a government agency - ผู้ว่าการรัฐ, ผู้ว่าราชการจังหวัด
- liable: likely to be affected by something -
- measure: a firm action taken to solve a problem or stop a dangerous unpleasant situation - มาตราการ
- order (noun): something that somebody is told to do by somebody in authority - คำสั่ง
- violate: to do something that is against a law, rule or agreement - ฝ่าฝืน, ละเมิด