Emergency decree extended
The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) on Monday decided to extend the Emergency Decree for another month after it expires on April 30.
CCSA spokesman Taweesilp Visanuyothin said on Monday the decree will be extended to the end of May.
The reason is concern about the return of the virus, with the centre still battling to stop it spreading any further.
The meeting was chaired by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha and brought together all agencies to discuss the impact of the decree.
Learn from listening
- battle: to try very hard to achieve something difficult or to deal with something unpleasant or dangerous - ต่อสู้, ดิ้นรนต่อสู้, มุ่งมั่นฝ่าฟัน
- concern: interest or worry - ความสนใจ, ความกังวล
- curfew: a law that does not allow people to go outside between a particular time in the evening and a particular time in the morning - กฎอัยการศึก คือห้ามออกนอกบ้านในยามวิกาล
- decree: an official decision or order made by a leader or government - พระราชกฤษฎีกา
- emergency decree (noun): a situation where the government takes on special powers in a dangerous situation and the rights of the people are often limited in some way - ประกาศภาวะฉุกเฉิน
- favoured (adj): preferred; liked more than other things - ชอบมากกว่า
- interprovincial (adj): travelling around different provinces of the country -
- restriction: a rule, action or situation that limits or controls someone or something - การจำกัด, การควบคุม
- survey: to ask a large number of people questions to find out their opinions - สำรวจ