Alcohol ban extension suggested
The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) on Tuesday suggested that the alcohol sales ban be renewed starting from May 3.
The ban in many provinces is scheduled to end tomorrow. The ban, initially imposed before Songkran and extended on April 20, was intended to keep people from gathering for drinks in line with the emergency decree.
There are fears many people will meet for drinks and disregard social distancing during the two days, the source said.
Learn from listening
- ban: an official statement ordering people not to do, sell or use something - การห้าม
- disregard: not respecting something or considering it important - ความไม่เอาใจใส่, ความเฉยเมย, ความเพิกเฉย
- emergency decree (noun): a situation where the government takes on special powers in a dangerous situation and the rights of the people are often limited in some way - ประกาศภาวะฉุกเฉิน
- extension: making a period of time longer - การขยายออกไป
- governor: a person who is chosen to be in charge of the government of a state or province or a government agency - ผู้ว่าการรัฐ, ผู้ว่าราชการจังหวัด
- grace period (noun): an extra period of time before something must be done; an extra period of time someone is given before they have to make a payment, and are penalized if they are not - ระยะผ่อนผัน
- impose: to introduce something and force people to accept it - กำหนด,บังคับใช้
- scheduled: planned to happen at a particular time or day - ตามตารางเวลา
- social distancing: avoiding groups of people in order to slow the spread of a disease -
- suggest: to mention an idea or a plan for somebody else to think about - เสนอ, เสนอแนะ
- suggestion: an idea or a plan that you mention for somebody else to think about - ข้อเสนอ, ข้อเสนอแนะ