Schools get freedom on July reopening
The Office of Basic Education Commission (Obec) has decided to let each school decide whether they should reopen on July 1 or use distance-learning television (DLTV) and online learning.
"There are schools in urban, rural and remote areas. Since we believe one size doesn't fit all, we have decided to let each school make its own decision, with students' safety as the bottom line," said Obec secretary-general Amnat Wichayanuwat.
"For instance, if the virus still poses a risk, we may arrange for students to take turns attending school. If there are 30 students per room, only 10 may be allowed to attend class at a time, while those at home can work on assignments," he said.
Moreover, the schools will have to screen body temperatures and clean frequently, adding that teachers and students will also have to strictly follow the ministry's guidelines such as wearing masks and washing their hands.
Learn from listening
- attend: to go to an event, such as a meeting, a show, a sports competition, etc. - เข้าร่วม (ในการประชุม, งานต่าง)
- bottom line (noun): the most important thing that you have to consider or accept; the essential point in a discussion, etc. - ส่วนสำคัญที่สุด
- frequently: happening often - บ่อยๆ
- governor: a person who is chosen to be in charge of the government of a state or province or a government agency - ผู้ว่าการรัฐ, ผู้ว่าราชการจังหวัด
- guidelines: official instructions or advice about how to do something - สิ่งที่ช่วยแนะแนวทางให้ปฏิบัติ
- one size fits all (idiom): designed to be suitable for a wide range of situations or needs -
- permission: allowing someone to do something - การอนุญาต,การอนุมัติ,การยินยอม
- remote: far away from other cities, towns, or people - ที่ห่างไกล
- risk: the possibility that something dangerous or unpleasant might happen - ความเสี่ยง
- rural: connected with the countryside outside big towns and cities - ในชนบท, บ้านนอก
- semester: one of the two periods that a school year is divided into in some countries - ภาคการศึกษา
- take turns: (of a number of people) to do the same thing one after the other - สลับกัน
- urban: of or in a city or town - ในเมือง