Thai singer Lisa Blackpink's life threatened
published : 8 May 2020 at 11:56
writer: Gary Boyle
World-renowned Thai singer Lisa Blackpink has received threats to her life, the Thai embassy in Seoul has announced on its Twitter account.
The embassy had informed her music company, YG Entertainment, it said.
Lisa, 23, is a native of the northeastern province of Buri Ram. Last year the Time 100 Next magazine listing included the member of the K-pop band Blackpink in its list of 100 rising stars who were shaping the future of business, entertainment, sports, politics, science, health and more.
Lisa was on the list in the category of "Phenoms".
Learn from listening
- embassy: a building where a group of officials work who represent their government in a foreign country - สถานทูต
- native: someone who was born in a particular place - ชาวพื้นเมือง
- phenomenon: someone or something extremely successful, often because of special qualities or abilities -
- rising-star: promising for the future; likely to be successful or very good -
- threat: saying that you might do something bad or harmful, especially in order to make someone do something - การขู่เข็ญ การคุกคาม ทำให้กลัว