Man 'kills son after affair with wife'
SONGKHLA: A man has admitted he killed his own son and buried the body in a forest, police said.
Police identified the man as Aroon Plodkaenthong, 41.
Police learned that Mr Aroon and Chanchai's mother divorced about 20 years ago. After the divorce, Mr Aroon took Chanchai to live in Phatthalung's Pa Bon district where he married another woman.
Chanchai continued living in the same house as his father, his new wife and their new son. Chanchai then married a girl called Ms Kung and they had a son. All six shared the same house.
Ms Kung's information led police to arrest Mr Aroon at the house on Saturday.
Police said that Mr Aroon admitted he killed Chanchai, but said it was because he was addicted to drugs and had tried to kill him on several occasions. Mr Aroon said nothing about his affair with Ms Kung, his daughter-in-law.
Mr Aroon was initially charged with murder. The investigation was continuing.
Learn from listening
- admitted (verb): agreed that something is true, especially when you are unhappy, sorry or surprised about it - ยอมรับ
- affair: a sexual relationship between two people - ความสัมพันธ์ทางเพศ
- argue: to speak angrily to somebody because you disagree with them; to give reasons why you think that something is right/wrong, true/not true, etc, especially to persuade people that you are right - โต้เถียง, โต้แย้ง, เถียง, อ้างเหตุผล
- daughter-in-law: the wife of your son - ลูกสะใภ้
- divorce: a legal way of ending a marriage - การหย่า
- father-in-law: the father of your husband or wife - พ่อตา,พ่อผัว
- forest: an area with trees, animals and plants - ป่า
- sack: a large strong bag for storing and carrying things - กระสอบ, ถุงขนาดใหญ่
- suspect: to believe that something is true, especially something bad - สงสัย, เป็นที่สงสัยว่า