Lockdown eased from Monday
published : 29 May 2020 at 15:10
writer: Gary Boyle
The government has announced the third stage of the easing of the business and activity lockdown, effective from Monday.
The curfew is also shortened to 11pm to 3am from June 1.
Gen Somsak Roongsita, secretary-general of the National Security Council, said on Friday that school buildings can reopen for admission exams and short training sessions, but not for normal classes. Private tuition schools for vocational training, arts and sports can resume.
Malls could remain open until 9pm.
Buddha amulet markets will reopen, as long as operators prevent visitors crowding together.
Barbers and hairdressers will be allowed to dye hair in addition to hair cutting, washing and drying, but their services are still capped at two hours at a time and customers are not allowed to wait on the premises.
Fitness clubs in and outside malls will reopen from June 1 but visitors' numbers will be limited.
Bowling and skating centres and the like can reopen for exercise and practice only. Ballroom dancing centres will reopen.
Ponds for sports and recreational activities - for jetskis, kitesurfing, banana boats and such-like - can reopen as long as the number of people is limited, but not for competition.
Theatres, including movie theatres, will reopen but the audience is limited at 200 at each place. Everyone must wear face masks, and double-seating is allowed. The ban on concerts continues.
Zoos can reopen but visitors must not gather for activities. Curfew hours will be shortened to 11pm-3am to facilitate more businesses.
- amulet: a small object that some people wear around their neck as a protection against evil, bad luck, disease etc - เครื่องราง
- curfew: a law that does not allow people to go outside between a particular time in the evening and a particular time in the morning - กฎอัยการศึก คือห้ามออกนอกบ้านในยามวิกาล
- dye: to change the colour of something using a special liquid - ย้อมสี
- gather (verb): to come/bring together in a group - รวมกลุ่ม, รวมตัวกัน, จับกลุ่มกัน, ชุมนุม
- parlour: a shop that provides particular goods or services - ร้านค้า (เช่น ร้านเสริมสวย)
- pond: a small area of still water, especially one that is artificial - บ่อน้ำ, สระน้ำ
- practice (noun): doing some activity to improve at it and become more skillful - ฝึกซ้อม, ซ้อม, ฝึกฝน
- resume: to begin again after stopping for a period of time - เริ่มอีกครั้ง, กลับมาอีกครั้ง
- tattoo: a permanent image, pattern or word on the skin which is usually created by using needles to put colours under the skin - รอยสัก
- tuition: teaching; the work of a teacher - ค่าเล่าเรียน