Schools get ready to reopen
The Education Ministry and schools are preparing for schools to reopen nationally after the ministry's surveys found 60-70% of students are not ready to use television as the main channel for their studies.
Measures following a recommendation by the Ministry of Public Health will be taken, including a limit of 20 to 25 students per classroom.
His comment came after criticism in social media towards a picture of a bulletin board at a school which showed plain-coloured face masks as examples of masks which students would be allowed to use once the school was reopened.
Meanwhile, Bangkok deputy governor Sopon Pisuttiwong said the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) is studying countries such as Denmark and France, where schools have opened, to find suitable measures for Thai schools to reopen from July 1.
The current thinking is that schools under the BMA would be required to keep students, as well as their desks, 1-2 metres apart, he said.
"Students will be allowed to play only in small groups and they must wash their hands every hour or more often," he said.
"Desks, doorknobs, and playgrounds as [infected-prone] risky areas will be cleaned twice a day.
"Students will not be allowed to eat together. A sick student must go home straight away and enter self-quarantine," he said.
Learn from listening
- air: to broadcast; to send out a programme on television or radio - ออกอากาศ, กระจายเสียง,กระจายข่าว
- allow: to let somebody/something do something; to let something happen or be done - อนุญาต, ยอมรับ
- consume: to use a supply of something - ใช้จนหมดไป
- costly (adj): expensive; costing a lot of money, especially more than you want to pay - แพง, ราคาสูง
- criticism: comments that show that you think something is wrong or bad - การวิจารณ์
- measures (noun): actions taken to solve a particular problem - มาตรการ
- rebuttal: saying or proving that a statement or criticism is false - การคัดค้าน, การโต้แย้ง
- risky (adj): involving the possibility of danger, harm or failure - เสี่ยง, เสี่ยงอันตราย
- sanitary: connected with keeping someone/something clean and healthy - เกี่ยวกับสุขภาพอนามัย, ถูกสุขลักษณะ, ซึ่งปลอดเชื้อ
- suitable: acceptable or right for someone or something - เหมาะสม